Preventative dentistry is at the heart of one’s dental health. At South Knox Dental, our team emphasizes proactive (health driven) dental care over a reactive (crisis, pain driven) approach to dental care. When you regularly visit our office for examinations, cleanings, and other preventative treatments, you are taking the right steps toward a healthy and beautiful smile for life. Patients are strongly encouraged by the team at South Knox Dental to visit with a dentist regularly for routine evaluations and cleanings.
By prioritizing proactive dental care with us, we can work together to avoid unnecessary pain and costs from preventable tooth decay and disease.
What is preventative dentistry?
Instead of having a reactive approach to dental health, calling the dentist only when problems arise, it is highly recommended that patients participate in a proactive approach instead. When patients visit their dentist regularly for examinations, cleanings, and treatments, they are taking the right steps towards healthy smiles for life. Dr. Freeman of South Knox Dental encourages Knoxville, TN area patients to visit him at least twice a year for preventative care and call when problems arise between visits. These steps are essential in avoiding decay and disease.
What prevention can be done to keep the smile healthy?
Dr. Pablo Foncea recommends the following preventative tips:
- Visit the dentist every six months to undergo a comprehensive examination and dental cleaning
- Call the dentist when problems arise. Do not wait, as many conditions can become more severe and damaging without a diagnosis and treatment.
- Take good care of the smile at home with proper hygiene habits including brushing and flossing
- Pay close attention changes in the teeth and smile that may indicated a need for an evaluation, including loose teeth, bleeding gums, or other concerns.
- Take care in protecting the smile from damage. This is especially important for patients who are active in high-impact sports. Wearing a mouthguard can protect the teeth and gums.
Invest in your smile with preventative dentistry
Taking care of the smile is easy, and many patients who regularly visit their dentist and perform daily hygiene practices will be able to keep their smile free from periodontal disease and tooth decay. Dr. Robert Freeman and his team encourage preventive dental services for children and adults at South Knox Dental. If you live in or around the Knoxville, TN community and are seeking quality dental services, call our office at (865) 302-3848 today!